Booking and Cancellation Policy
Balanced Dressage Booking and Cancellation Policy
Things don’t always go to plan including not being able to make your horse training appointment. This policy attempts to recognise that while some things are out of our control, you have also made a booking with a professional coach who earns income from teaching and instruction. The policy sets out in what situation(s) refunds or a credit are able to be given.
Anke Hawke is an EA Coach with qualifications in Level 1 Dressage and as such operates within EA Guidelines. All riders, parents and supporters must also follow EA guidelines. By booking a lesson you also agree to the following stipulations:
- Abuse or mistreatment of horses or humans will not be tolerated. Any abuse will cause your lesson to be cancelled and no refunds will be given.
- Content in your lesson/s including exercises, discussions, and/or homework should not be applied to other situations without consultation. Your content is specific to your situation and it may be detrimental if used in a different context.
- Videoing and photography of lessons is for the education of pupils and not to be used for any print or digital media purposes without prior consent of all parties. Consent of a parent or guardian is required if the pupil is under 18 years old.
- For lessons on your own property, you are responsible for the safety of your riding area and equipment.
- Lessons at other venues are subject to the requirements of the venue. If the venue is booked by you, please forward any correspondence and venue requirements to me so I can comply. If I book the venue, likewise, I will forward requirements to you.
Pre-payment is required to secure your lesson booking.
Cancellation of Individual Lessons:
Individual lessons can be cancelled at any time with a minimum of 7 days notice. Cancellation within this time period will not be refunded. If you have a medical certificate for yourself or your horse then the lesson fee will be credited to your next lesson. If you have booked a lesson within 7 days, and then cancel prior to your payment, the lesson will still be due and no further lessons can be booked unless outstanding monies have been paid.
Cancellation of a Clinic:
Clinics and associated events take a lot of work and time to coordinate and as such there are strict rules around how they operate. Payment for clinics is due 28 days in advance. If you have a medical certificate, then you can cancel within 14 days and receive a refund of the lesson, but the arena hire component is still due. If cancellation occurs within 14 days and a substitute rider is found, the full lesson fee and arena hire will be refunded. If there is no substitute rider, and there is a legitimate reason for the cancellation, then the lesson fee can be credited to the next clinic, but the arena hire fee is still due. In circumstances outside of the above, the lesson fee cannot be refunded.
We will always ensure lessons are conducted in a safe environment including weather on the day. To better develop your skills, I encourage you to expose yourself and your horse to a variety of safe weather conditions. While wind, frost, heat and rain are unpleasant, riding in these conditions ensures you are able to train your horse consistently year-round, which means you’ll have an advantage over many other riders.
There are also many other non-ridden education programs we offer, so we are able to change your ridden lesson booking to a non-ridden lesson if you wish.
Current weather information can be found here: http://www.bom.gov.au/index.php
If the weather conditions are within the above guidelines, and competitions can still be run, you can expect your lesson will also still be on. A refund will only be offered if inclement weather makes it unsafe to ride.
All considerations are on a case by case basis. If you are unwell I may be able to ride your horse for you, likewise rescheduling or a refund of your lesson may also be available if I am unwell.
The EA policies and procedures can be found here: http://www.equestrian.org.au/policies