Why did you choose the particular saddle pad that you are riding in?
fit to the horse’s shape?
saddle fitting issue?
discipline you are riding in?
For me, there is always a reason why I choose a particular item on my horse.
Yes colour is essential I’m not a pink girl
But for me, the saddle pad must fit on the horses back.
clearance underneath the saddle
not too small
so the edge of the saddle panel is not on the saddle pads edge
or too big
or whipping across the horses back when the horse is moving
gives the horse enough wither clearance
provides the horse with clearance on the spine
Now we go into the material
- I think the material should be sweat-absorbing, breathable, soft, and comfortable.
Just to name a few differences to look out for
- Some materials are slippery, and saddle moves.
- Some materials cause static electricity.
- Sometimes there are bindings, seams or logos that cause the pad to be uncomfortable due to the position there are placed in.
Saddle fitting issues
- There are some terrific saddle pads on the market for saddle fitting issues.
- Correctional pads with inserts to adjust as needed
- With sheepskin panels in various places
- With foam panels, these come in different density thickness shapes and sizes.
And of course what discipline you are riding in
- classical schooling saddle
Now with all this in mind, there are still plenty of options to be fashionable as well.
Feel free to contact me if you like more information